COTSWOLD TOURS AND LOCATIONS
- Day tours provide you with a driver/guide, a vehicle, an itinerary and include pick up and drop off at a number of locations around the Cotswolds. We’ll do all the driving, the guiding and the planning – you just bring yourself.
- Two or more day tours provide you with everything you get with a one day tour but also include a visit to a Cotswold city (Bath, Stratford or Oxford). Bath and Oxford are beautiful, Stratford is a bit disappointing – sorry ’bout that Stratford.
- Accommodation can be included and we have partnered with the best establishments throughout the Cotswolds to offer a wide range of options; B&B’s, Luxury, Spa Hotels, Farmhouses, Yurts, Shepherds Huts and Camping. If you just wanted to stay in a random field full of sheep I’m sure we could arrange that too.
- Itineraries will provide a comprehensive overview of the Cotswolds but the focus can lean towards anything you prefer; history, architecture, wildlife, food, photography, etc. We’ve also been asked to provide tours with a focus on ghosts, celebrities, WW2, Crop circles, Witchcraft and Pagan sites.
- We can provide itineraries specifically designed for younger imaginations and have some great locations and activities for children. Our own children have grown up here so we have firsthand experience of what to do with little ones. And big ones.
- pickup from your hotel in Chipping Campden at 9.30am
- visit the town of Broadway to marvel at some spectacular homes, buy some local cheese and do a little celebrity spotting.
- Then it’s off to Broadway Tower; a folly, a building that serves no practical purpose and the highest point in the the Cotswolds. Admire the view while we tell you about the fruitcakes that built the thing.
- Quick stop to see a deer that genuinely thinks its a sheep and has done for the past two years.
- Drive through the lavender fields (spectacular in the summer, just boring fields in the winter) on the way to the village of Snowshill. Admire this idyllic little village; a collection of hobbit homes clustered around an ancient church, clinging to the hillside. So beautiful you’ll want to cry. But dont. Please.
- Head south to Stow on the Wold for some lunch, a cream tea and maybe a little shopping. For anyone not interested in any of these things, there’s the door of St Edwards church, allegedly the inspiration for Tolkein to write the Lord of the Rings, and the old village stocks, which has seen many a petty criminal and town drunk publicly humiliated over the years.
- Head back up north along impossibly narrow lanes, meandering through a series of painfully pretty villages, unchanged in hundreds of years.
- Then its off to another picturesque little village with some stunning residential properties and a really fascinating (and somewhat creepy) little church. We’ll discuss ley lines, pagan worship, sheepdogs, hidden paintings, secret tunnels and all manner of things that exist within the walls of the holy building. Don’t forget the holy water. Maybe some garlic.
- Arrive back at your accommodation at 5.30pm.
- Go to the pub.
- everything you get on a one day tour but with the addition of a visit to Straford, Bath or Oxford.
- you’ll also have the opportunity to poke around inside a manor house, palace, castle or garden
- start and finish your tour anywhere
- any locations
- change the start and finish times
- include specific focus on gardens, castles and manors, antiques, crafts, food, wildlife, photography, farming, history and much more
KOOKY COTSWOLD TOURS. LANGLEY COTTAGE. UPPER LEA FARM. OXFORDSHIRE. OX15 6ET.
TEL: 00 44 (1)295 788 054 OR 00 44 (7)779 400 421.
VAT REGISTRATION NO: 174068206